Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Takata made OE parts for many automakers as well. I think sometimes automakers take the best deal, and not necessarily the best part. Not trying to shit on Bilstein, never used them so really no hands-on experience. Only know what I've read, which is mostly good. Just saying that being an OE supplier doesn't mean they're the best.
And I would still take one of their airbags over ANY knockoff brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Ok, I'll agree that comparing Takata to Bilstein is a bit of a stretch. Just trying to make a point. I still think an automaker will look for the best deal and not always the best part. After all, they're in the business to make money. Also, didn't know that Bilstein supplies automakers with parts for some of their more specialized versions of vehicles. Interesting.
An automotive supplier will look for the best deal that also meets the specifications of the application. It's not like the cheapest shit is just arbitrarily chosen. Some other "high end" aftermarket brands that are actual automotive suppliers are Brembo and BBS. There's a reason these brands are extremely good even with their aftermarket products.
Never said or thought the cheapest shit is chosen.