View Single Post
      11-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #76
Dee Pee
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 AW 1M, ‘24 718 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERR FSTIR View Post
I'm a little confused by the sizing. I have a BMW T shirt I bought at the Welt which should be representative of European sizing. It is size XL and measures 55 cm across the breast, but the sizing chart for this shirt shows XL as 64 cm and L as 60 cm. I am inclined to order large, but am a little concerned about fitment. What sizes are people choosing?
Hope my analysis helps.

Here is what I measured on my t-shirts and photos for comparison.

My suit size in US is 38R (38 inches or 96.5cm).

Adidas soccer jersey (white):
UK size 38/40, France/Italy size 3
armpit to armpit: 56cm
rear collar to lower hem: 77cm (73cm if you ignore the "beaver tail flap at the rear)

US mediums unwashed brand-new Hanes (gray):
armpit to armpit: 50cm
rear collar to lower hem: 70cm

"Asian fit" Puma t-shirt from Hong Kong (black):
HK size medium
armpit to armpit: 46cm
rear collar to lower hem: 65cm

I wear the gray t-shirts every day. I have a big bag full of them and when one dies, another takes its place. I don't wear that Puma anymore because it's just too snug.

By my measurements, while I am a "M" in the US, I would be an "S" in in their measurements. This shirt also looks like it has sleeves that are slightly longer than the standard US medium that I used as a comparison, so I'm guessing that while the chest circumference will be as comfortable as my US M, the arm length will be such that they won't ride up when I reach forward.

I am torn between getting a S and an M at this point.

I am also considering the materials used. The white shirt is 100% nylon, while the others are 100% cotton. This shirt is a 50/50 blend. I suspect that it will stretch a little bit with some wear, but not by much.

As for the inscription, it will probably be my first initial, last name, and 263/740.
Attached Images

Last edited by Dee Pee; 11-28-2012 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0