Thread: CV Joint recall
View Single Post
      07-11-2017, 07:16 PM   #2
mackeroni
Former Opel GT Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, AW, CR, 6MT

Exclamation "Recall Campaign No. 17V-067: Rear Driveshaft Constant Velocity Joint."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodMoodley View Post
Did anyone else get the recall notice for the CV joints.

I did get a letter a while back and took the car in for the recall. When I went to pick up the car they said they checked it and it did not need to have anything replaced. I checked the service report and it said they checked the flex disc. Thought this was odd. I believed the recall was for the axles and not the Guibo.

I now received another letter from BMW stating that they have record that I did take the car in and they did not feel the need to replace the CV joints at that time but that now they believe they do need to replace the CV joints.

So I will be making an appt. to take it back in soon. Hopefully they actually replace the CV joints this time.
Had this recall done today. Officially called "Recall Campaign No. 17V-067: Rear Driveshaft Constant Velocity Joint."

The dealer performed the inspection and called me at 9:30AM to let me know I would need the recall, and that they had the parts in stock. Happy me. He called only two hours later to let me know that the recall was done and I could pick up the car. Here's the interesting part. The work order indicates that the part replaced was BMW 26-11-7-610-061, which is the actual flexible disk, or guibo. I checked RealOEM.com and sure enough. The guibo is referenced as the constant velocity joint in the description.

I just hope whatever was failing has been fixed and remains intact for the duration of my ownership.

Peace... Mack
So, that's it. I am doomed. There is no patch, no methadone, no substitute. Curse you BMW. Curse you and your seamless power delivery. Curse the incredible sense of road feel. Curse the comfort, the luxury, the envious looks from the masses. I am... hopelessly addicted.
Appreciate 0