View Single Post
      03-14-2023, 01:06 PM   #203
Dieselboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 135i

Delays, delays, delays. So far this winter I've gotten practically nothing done. I ordered both the carbon sunroof delete panel from NRW and Stoptech Trophy BBK in November of 2022, I still have neither..

I was originally told early March shipment for my BBK, I email them for a status update and I'm now told another 10-12 weeks! Absolutely ridiculous. I did some digging and found this:

Quote:
StopTech (and parent company Centric Parts) were acquired by First Brands Group and then "broken" following a series of changes. They moved their shipping warehouse 475 miles north to Patterson, California to consolidate with other First Brands companies. They let go all the City of Industry warehouse employees, some with decades of brake experience. They switched to an Oracle-based backend software system, but botched the transition. And they forced StopTech and Centric to switch suppliers to First Brands-owned facilities that didn't even have the tooling or experience to make the needed parts.

Bottom line, StopTech has been shipping nearly nothing since May and the new owners have been gradually discontinuing product lines from StopTech and Centric, such as OEM replacement floating rotor kits, OEM caliper pistons, chassis components (bushings, end lines, tie rods, bearings, etc.). Because of the inability to manufacture new parts, the fill rate for orders has dropped to near zero, For example, almost ALL caliper rebuild components are backordered. Every size of AeroRotor has been backordered for months and they are not expected until the end of November, although that will probably slip.

... At best, if parts are already sitting on the shelf in Compton, it will still take months to get them. But more likely, the parts would have to be manufactured and in that case, you may never see them....​
This is very disappointing news. Not sure what to do at this point.. I looked into Brembo and AP previously, but they were considerably more expensive for a marginal, if any, performance increase over the Trophy kit.

As for the sunroof delete panel, what a disaster this has been. I bought through Nelson Racing Wheel. They certainly seemed highly rated, but they are way in over their heads with orders. Once I received the part, it had a large chip in the clear coat. IMO, it was poorly packaged. They gave me a bit of a hassle to return it, trying to minimize the damage. For a $400 piece of carbon fiber, it better be perfect, or give me a discount and I'll repair it myself. Well they finally take it back and I'm back to waiting with a car that's been sitting in pieces for months. I placed this order in early November!

Anyway here are a few pics

Name:  20230203_135622_1920x1080.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  964.4 KB

Name:  20230224_152320_1920x1080.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  762.6 KB

Name:  20230225_170355_1920x1080.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  932.3 KB

Instagram: ///TheAxisGarage

If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder.
Appreciate 2
houtan705.50
DRLane3988.50