02-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #38
J Tyler
My ride: bimmergirl84
United_States
Rep
Drives: For free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugennosora View Post
I don't think brake slow down then rev with out heel toeing is going to lock it up, nor has ever seen it or hear it before...sorry my mom's friend is pro GT-R restoration/driver in japan, he was the one that taught me how to do heel toe, and i also learn that there is many way that i can do the same with out heel toeing...and if you had ABS and you still lock up, you need to throw away your car. seriously I've been driving my 1 with out heel toeing, simply just brake, then clutch and rev shift, it does the same, and it'll not lock up the rear.

proof me wrong show me someone lock up the rear and blow up their valve and burn their clutch from not heel toeing and still drive fast. (without miss shifting, or jam their gear from down from 4-2 or 3-1)

cornering angle (fix under or over steering)

i would like to see a F1 heel toe, because F1 or those super cars don't use foot clutch. so why would you heel toe??????

and i missed read the 3rd one, it's my fault..i was trying to said, if you heel toe that wouldn't happen....

you are comparing different kind of brake concepts and use.. we're are talking about driving that actually involves the use of heel toe.. i don't see why driving in circles would need heel toe...
GTR's drive themselves. Seriously, anyone with a little track driving experience can go fast in a GTR. I see it all the time

Prove you wrong? I can't prove anything, it's an internet forum. I'm just speaking from experience and knowledge.

I have no idea why you brought up F1 cars, they have pneumatics for the clutch & gearshifting and the ECU automatically blips the throttle on downshifts. They heel-toe electronically

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmagic View Post
It's obvious that some folks here have a great deal of knowledge, while others are "post whores".

To the OP, you might get a copy of "Going Faster! The Skip Barber Racing School". It's about $15 used on Amazon. It's not a Bible, but at least they are credible. Some info here does not meet that criteria.

DJ
The Skippy book is great, especially for a beginner. However, I disagree with the chapter on Shifting in that book. Skip used to teach double-clutch downshifting at their schools, which is what the book teaches. That technique is more complicated than regular heel-toe downshifting, and it's unnecessary. The instructors realized that they were wasting time with confused students, and recently they decided to only teach regular heel-toe ("single-clutch") downshifting.

- So keep that in mind when reading that book. Otherwise it's all pretty solid info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnpower View Post
The rears would not lock, but a significant amount of wheel speed would be lost due to engine brake. The wheels would be spinning, just not at fast as the car is traveling so possible slide could occur.
Whether or not the rears would lock depends on a lot of things (that's why I said they might lock in my original post), but I guarantee you that if you're braking at the limit of all 4 tires and you suddenly let the clutch out in a low gear at low rpms, the rears WILL lock, ABS or no ABS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugennosora View Post
although you might think J Tyler would have absolutely the right knowledge since he works in the field, I don't think my operational knowledge is any less than his, I've been driving since I was 16 in japan (so I've been driving for 10 years), I driven many touge's and hair pins in japan+ my knowledge comes directly from my mother's friend who works in that field. that i think it's as good if not better than J tyler, while he find my information questionable. I think it's obvious Heel toe is not that crazy of a deal, in japan, even first time driver little kid can perform heel toe...he just made it sound to be some crazy stuff that does so much.
I've been racing since I was 14. I've been getting paid to do it since I was 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienDNA View Post
If NASCAR is good for anything, the Sears Point (I refuse to call it Infineon) race is great for showing the difference that heel & toe can make, especially going into Turn 11. This is a great clip of Boris Said going around Sears Point. The three camera shot shows the feet, the windscreen view and the car on the track so you can understand how it all comes together.

I didn't look for a clip that shows what happens when you don't heel & toe, but I'm pretty sure a search of "Infineon" and "Jimmy Spencer" or "Sterling Marlin" will find one.

As axoid said way back on page one, though, it's not a technique you'll use much in autocross.
LOL. Good post.
Appreciate 0