Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurielly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderguts View Post
What's it like during highway cruising? Is there much drone? If you get a chance to post a sound clip, I know we'd all appreciate it.

With the BMW PI and charcoal delete, the N52 sounds less like a sewing machine. It's actually a good compromise for highway cruising, but I still wish it had a little more raw sound at WOT.
I've yet to bring it on the highway, but with my existing exhaust setup there was no drone. With that being said, I will try to make a few clips sometime this weekend and post it to this thread.

The "sewing machine" sound that the N52 makes really bothered me before the install. I've always wanted a deep/mean growl to my car and the TM intake solves that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurielly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderguts View Post
What's it like during highway cruising? Is there much drone? If you get a chance to post a sound clip, I know we'd all appreciate it.

With the BMW PI and charcoal delete, the N52 sounds less like a sewing machine. It's actually a good compromise for highway cruising, but I still wish it had a little more raw sound at WOT.
I've yet to bring it on the highway, but with my existing exhaust setup there was no drone. With that being said, I will try to make a few clips sometime this weekend and post it to this thread.

The "sewing machine" sound that the N52 makes really bothered me before the install. I've always wanted a deep/mean growl to my car and the TM intake solves that!

what's your existing exhaust setup if you don't mind me asking? I'm also interested in audio/video clips because even though it isn't high on my build's to do list.. it is something I'd pursue if it's worth doing/eventually

on a side note, the sewing machine noise is the reason I got headers as well... let those babies breathe!!!
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0