View Single Post
      08-24-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Update: I hate that automatic. Too sluggish in D mode and too unpredictable, nonlinear in DS mode when accelerating with moderate throttle applied. Power comes weak then surges with a glob of power even though no throttle level remained constant. Love my manual. I need to try the PDK.
The 328i with sport pkg. is the one to have. It transforms the car even with the great new look of the refresh. It now compares favorably with the new A4, except for the 3's interior, which is still rather dull and stark in comparison to Audi.
I seriously considered the 328i Msport along with the 135i. Either car was within a few dollars on a lease. The 328i was loaded with about the same luxury add ons maybe a bit more as I had included the Logic7 audio in the price, and the Msport pkg with different front bumper and rear end.
The Msport 328i is a beautiful car and drives as good if not better than my 135i, that's what was making my decision hard.
The 3 simply has a better sorted suspension as BMW has been tuning that car for a long time. The 1 is relatively new to BMW, and as we all know, the suspension is currently a work in progress, not quite there yet.

With the manual trans and sport suspension the 328i is a fantastic BMW.
It's feels as fast as the previous gen 330i but with a more solid feel.
With that setup, the engine and overall chassis really begs to be driven hard as the engine revs so easily and freely.

I took a chance on the 135i and really love the overall power, but I still wish for the sport suspension setup of the 3.
Appreciate 0