Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Other than a square setup making it easier to get to neutral handling (noting that corner balance can also be of assistance) it also allows the rotation of tires making wear more balanced all through the life of the tires. This is big when trying to nurse the end of tire life at the track.
I will be picking up a set of these wheels sooner than later. I honestly don't know if I should go square or not. The reality of things is I would be doing most 4 de events and maybe driving them on the street from time to time. While money is not an issue, If I can save myself cash by running a square setup and prolonging the life of a set of tires i think this I the move. I just want to make sure I am not losing anything by going this route. Is there a sticky or thread somewhere that spells out the exact pros and cons of both setups?

Lol. You said, "while money isn't an issue......", Then in the same sentence, you then mentioned saving money.

Money is ALWAYS an issue.

Harold stated this earlier. The best thing for the maximizing grip is the biggest tire on all corners and not rotating. If you are going racing or want the fastest possible setup then go staggered with 10" front and 11" rear.

However, one can trade rear end grip for better tire wear by going with a square setup. The apex arc 8 with 18x10 et 25 ( or 22?) will fit a 275/35/18 continental will fit up front. Other tires may Not, experiment as you wish. The wheel/tire will extend outside the fender but will not rub.

Personally, I have no problems with not maxing out the rear tire size in favor of rotating/ easy install with the square setup. My car is used primarily for DE, autocross second, and weekend driver, third. I already want a third set of wheels. Had 12 identical wheels in the past and that was awesome.

The apex arc 8 is great as it is light, relatively affordable, strong , and plentiful. Picking up spare sets is easily done now or in the future.
Appreciate 0