chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmx View Post
Think about it.
Solid diff bushings, rubber subframe. Most of the NVH is absorbed now by the rubber in the subframe. Solidify that, and now you have nothing really absorbing it, except the property of the metals and existing insulation on the floorplan. That's it.

Considering piecemeal feedback of each component is completely illogical.
Except it really isn't illogical. Piecemeal feedback isn't always the most helpful, but it usually is. Me upgrading from 200TW tires to 150TW is a piecemeal upgrade, but the difference is still relevant.

If you're even considering upgrading your diff bushings, you're in the position that you WILL (extremely likely) be replacing your subframe bushings. Of the two, the subframe bushings will net you an infinitely more rewarding driving experience vs just doing diff bushings. Besides, anyone who's done any suspension work to their 1'er has solid or other very rigid, upgraded subframe bushings, it is THE must-do suspension mod for these cars, IMO.

I had the exact same internal debate when I bought my bushings: do I just do the subframe bushings, or do I do the diff bushings, too, since I have the tool? I did both, regretted the diff bushings, and went back and fixed it while I still had the tool.
1and11864.00