View Single Post
      09-17-2014, 12:40 AM   #5
Orangee94
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i n55 DCT 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS135i View Post
Phone up a few dealers and get some quotes, I think approx $1600 including install is reasonable for PPK1, you don't really need PPK2 for a N55 if you're not tracking it.
hmm i will call and ask but hopefully my main dealer will be generous i hope and yea i wasnt looking at tracking it. just wanted that lil extra and crackle and pops .

Quote:
Originally Posted by asn993 View Post
I got a quote of $2,500 fitted to include 2 hours or programming for a N54. I believe BMW dealers can approach BMW for "special pricing" but the only dealer in SA basically said why would he do that....So if you are in Sydney shop around because it may be more competitive.

Irrespective of warranty is this the best bang for buck?
ahh fair enough.

yes and no from what i've read the other 3rd party ecu tuners dont have that VERY agressive burble overuns at the end when the foots off the pedal yes performance is much better than ppk but i think that a sonorous sound is more useful and enjoyable in todays traffic. people that do have it have never said to regret it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy 72 View Post
Cost me about 2k to have stage 1 installed a couple of months ago.
ahh wow fair enough, it is steep but was it worth it now after a few months of having it?