View Single Post
      11-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #185
sam-e82
Rep
Drives: '12 M-Sport 135i 7DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimUlrich135 View Post
Then what!? Bring it back after the car may or may not have been cured of the original concern you were having? The only reason why they keep it is to make sure the concern is resolved before the release of the car, so then that way the car isnt a come back after a couple miles or a day or two later..
I guess I more or less understand your statement..
"I will be the one to test the car. After warranty, I am going to my good friend down the street for my issues"
..but when fixing a concern that's unlerlying with your car, it may, or in most cases, will take a day or two just to rectify the issue and test to see if repairs are successful. Just because theres a bulletin out that has symptoms listed on it that may correspond with your vehicle doesn't mean that it will 100% for sure fix the issue.
The vehicles are pretty complex when it comes to some repairs. It takes some time (for the most part) to resolve an issue. Bulletins for the most part are just a good start to a repair. Especially programming a vehicle, that can take some time.
Plus, if its under factory warranty, who cares about the wait....
The June update was a clear detune and it does not take days to notice if it is the right tune or not. As dackelone and many others have made it clear this software issue is not exactly complex given that the update has BMW's anti tuner detection included with it. The fix is already known, the task at hand is getting your dealer to work with you.
Appreciate 0