View Single Post
      05-13-2019, 02:55 PM   #2
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

P1448 and P1434 both seem to be the evaporative control system which is not very important in my opinion. I don't remember the code but I've had one for a couple years. The system trys to pull a vacuum on the fuel filling system and if it can't, the light gets lit. These are commonly called the gas cap code. I would try tightening the cap, clear the code and see if it comes back. If it does and you want it out, there is a DMTL you have to replace for about $100, on mine it's behind the passenger side rear wheel. I will probably do it some day. The ONLY thing this whole system does is stop the car from leaking a tiny amount of fuel vapor into the air. And the code isn't really saying there is a leak, it is saying they don't get the right vacuum reading.

Not sure what the other are. But my practice in general is to clear codes once to see if it was some kind of freak thing that set it off. You might want to try googling "P2B3C trouble code" or something like that and see what you get.