View Single Post
      08-08-2020, 06:43 PM   #349
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Thanks for the kind words mate, for the combox retrofit basically any E series one will fit and work.

Basically if it says bn2000 it'll work, bn2010 comboxes will not work. There's different combox variants like media or telematics but they are all fine to use. I have no experience in getting the telematics functionality working, had no interest in that functionality.

BMW apps work, if the CIC unit has been activated for BMW apps. The fscs have been hacked on the CIC so now you can do this for free. BMW apps work on iPhones only. USB cable must be connected to armrest USB for BMW apps to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometman View Post
this thread is really fantastic, you really love your car, you remind me when i was younger, great reading, and actually you could give me a hand on a retrofit i am trying to do on my E82 123d.

i saw that you manage to retrofit combox into your 135i, i am going to try to do the same on mine. my main objective is bluetooth audio stream and spotify integration using the bmw apps.

my E82 came with:
-Cic idrive with large screen and professional navigation
-usb and aux input under armrest
-usb on the glove compartment
-mulf2 and tcu on boot
-bluetooth for calls
-handsfree
-phone integration on the armrest (useless for me. seems to be some kind of old nokia resting place)
-Logic 7 harman kardon (retrofited by me) came with hifi

it seems like i need combox bn2000 but there are so many comboxes in parts diagrams (15 diferent part numbers) that i dont really know what combox should i buy or search for.

is it still possible to use bmw apps? only interested if spotify is usable. not interested in internet browser and other stuff.