03-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #38
xjet04
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AR M4 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowerF1 View Post
1-800-831-1117. Hit 2 for Vehicle Production Status.

Scary that I've memorized it... lol. You're not going to find super detailed information but I find that it updates faster than the website and provides a little more insight. Once your car gets on a boat, call your CA and he'll let you know what boat you're on. From there, you'll be tracking using other ship tracking sites.
Great! Thanks for the info. I'm assuming that is an automated number? I can't imagine how sick those people would be of all of us nuts calling them 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_ph View Post
I didn't find out about it until after I arrived at a deal on the price.That's when they drag it out. The lowest for any BMW dealer in the Tampa Bay area is $499 and I've hear it go up to $799.

So, you think you've got a price from car buying service like I did. Not so fast. Here, have another $600.
Well that wasn't at all included in the price we agreed on. I'm going to be relatively pissed if they try sneaking that in after we agreed on a price. Sounds kind of a like a bad way to do business. Hopefully I don't have anything to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejm3 View Post
The Training Fee really isn't supposed to be charged to the end customer. Its not on the sticker or invoice. But based on threads here some people pay it and some don't. I think it you nickel and dime then like I did they charge it to you. If you negotiate off sticker then they don't. Its only like $279 though.

Just get your VIN from your CA. Then call the 800 number every day (twice a day if you're an idiot like me) and wait for status to change to "in transit". The webiste is anywhere from 1 to several days behind the 800 number for status changes.

Once you have the VIN and your car is "in transit" then go here http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp and under "Track & Trace" click "All Users".

Then input your VIN under Cargo ID and it will tell you what ship you're on and when its scheduled to arrive at various ports.

Once you know the ship's name you can track its progress over the ocean.
Thank you. That is all good information. Personally, as I think I mentioned previously, my deal could not have had less nickel and dimming. Walked in, said I wanted to order a new car for $500 over invoice, and they said no problem. It was beautiful.

I had just posted in my other thread that I was looking for some help for tracking while on a ship. You guys have done well. Thank you once again.