07-14-2010, 03:28 AM   #29
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Other than the upgraded suspension switching to M3 parts, beefing out the fenders to allow wider more aggressive wheels n tires and lightening things up a bit more, the engine is the end point here.

I believe the 1er's engine kicks ass. Nicest engine Ive driven thus far, only thing mine needs right now is my JB+ to be installed to smooth and raise things a bit. The new M1 would be best suited with this same block, however keeping the twin turbo setup, use slightly larger ported turbos maybe even with a stock version of a BOV setup rather than the DV in order to hold the higher boost numbers n faster spool with the larger turbos. I think with that and a bit of a heavier tune unleashing more of the engines true power, much like the JB's do for ours, I believe that will give the M1 its engine. Figure putting around 355whp 370tq. Doing so will obviously require opening up the stock exhaust setup though as well so itd be interesting to see where that would go, but looks like their plans are with a dbl exhaust anyways so there we go

With the lighter chassis, better suspension bits, wider fenders, wheels n tires, LSD, bigger turbos and more power for the N54's base and dbl exhaust, this car will kick some ass. And I will likely be forced yet again to drive myself nearly into the poorman's pit to get myself one, cuz Ive never really been keen on going with a V8 or another NA engine again, not after I started driving turbo's, theres so just SO much more you can do and such a sweet power curve, its much harder to resist
Appreciate 0