View Single Post
      03-16-2023, 09:37 PM   #1
MAMSport
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i M-Sport coupe

Yoko Advan V601 experiences

Wondering if anyone here has used the Yokohama Advan V601 tires? They are classified as Max Performance Summer by TireRack and even have a 25k mile treadwear life warranty (not staggered). I'm particularly interested in the tire performance in wet/rainy conditions.

I'm driving a modified 128i (see my sig) and know enough not to do silly things in standing water, but I am curious whether these tires are safe to drive when roads aren't dry. I am OK with adjusting my driving to meet conditions, but I don't want tires that are downright dangerous if used in wet. I'm weighing whether to go with full summers or UHP all-season, Bridgestone RE980 AS+ tires instead. Tire size would be 225/45-17 all around.

I've also noted this in the F/S section, but I'm looking for one (or maybe more) BMW wheels, p/n 36116751364, a 17" x 8" wheel with high offset. They are NLA from BMW and not available on the various wheel repair/refinishing sites. The wheels obviously aren't E8x wheels, though.
E9x M3 front & rear suspension arms; BMW Performance brakes upgraded to drilled rotors in rear; BMW performance shifter; BMW Performance Exhaust; Wave Trac LSD with modified 'nannies'; BMW Euro Intake box; BMW Aluminum Strut Tower bar; ECS front and rear sway bars; 3 stage intake with BPC software; BMW style 78, 17 x 8" wheels with Bridgestone RE 980AS 225/45-17 tires; Koni Special Active struts/shocks, E9x M3 RTABs.
Appreciate 0