View Single Post
      09-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #105
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 View Post
Really, you mean if I like LeMans Blue I'm "a poser" and that will keep me away from buying a 1M? I think people are commenting about the exterior colors because when they want to buy their dream car, they also would like to get the color that appeals to them. But I don't think it would stop an enthusiast from buying one. And how is driving a DCT being a poser. It's like saying, "if you pick your nose manually you are a true nose picker but if you blow you nose into a napkin you are a poser". Glad to know you like picking your nose manually.
Funny you say that. I would have chosen Le Mans blue over all of the 3 colors likely offered. IMO, it shouldn't be a dealbreaker. Plenty of cars can look great in white or black. In terms of the DCT, I dont have a problem with it. Personally, I prefer manual. If BMW said they were only going to offer it DCT, I would still buy a 1M. Why? Because I can drive both. I've been championing an M version of the 1 series for almost four years now. Actually, I was asking SCOTT26 about it over at GCZ BEFORE the 135i ever even hit our shores. He was talking about the release of a 1 coupe and M version of it simultaneously. I was in love @ GO. The biggest thing to ruin this car for me would be how it drives. Would I prefer them giving us a CF roof? Hell yea. Its not happening at 45k. Would I prefer an M bespoke engine. Hell yea, not happening at 45k and over a small production time. All of these extra things most are complaining about not having is NOT HAPPENING at the price point BMW has set. Why? Because it will propel this car into M3 price category and make it look quite ridiculous. So, in conclusion, I'm not saying those that want more colors and a DCT is necessarily a poser. Life is about compromise and having realistic expectations.

I guess I'm scarred mentally from the "plastic" woman that walked into a local BMW dealership and bought an M6 for herself. She literally made a scene when her husband pointed out the regular 6er. She insisted on having it b/c it was the most expensive BMW. She probably would not have bought it if it only came in a 6MT and had three color options.