View Single Post
      04-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #13
1er coupe
Rep
Drives: 1 Series Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
Hey man

5% tint - is that light or dark? Reckon lamin x would be fine?

Which brand HID are you using? Chinese ones? 35W/55W? Any error?

I have LUX which are good, but brighter wouldn't hurt
5% tint is very light....you would barely see it.

To be honest I'm gonna leave them the way they are...I've seen so much variation in HIDs that you cant make a judgement on their brightness until you see them in the flesh. Some 6000k bulbs look like 8000K etc and vice versa. They are no more dazzling than audi fairy lights! I mean have you seen the latest Kia cars? Their LEDs look like HIDs! I think these are perfect.

Lux are good for what they are but not bright enough for me. I can see these HIDs in direct bright sunlight. Lux fade into nothing.

I live in a rural area with hardly any street lights, blind bends, high-sided walls....so bright angel eyes are essential for me. Plus they look awesome!! The whole point is that cars and pedestrians can see me better. The car looks up to date and will be easier to resell.

I have no idea which HIDs they are! I just handed the boxes to my mechanic lol I bought them from M Style in the UK. We have an ongoing group buy over at bmw...they will work out at £150 if we get 10 people involved (nearly there) at the moment we already have a discounted price of £170. If you want discount quote 'babybmw' to James who works there. I'd stay away from the really cheap chinese HIDs you see on ebay.

If it helps identify the HIDs they have black control units and orange ballasts....does that help?!

http://www.mstyle.co.uk/acatalog/info_D04MS100.html

Anyway I'm loving them. Keep looking for shop windows so I can see my new angel eyes in the reflection lol I will post photos of my brothers E92 angel eyes tomorrow when he has the HIDs installed. His current LUX look really tame compared to my 6000K HIDs!
Appreciate 0