View Single Post
      04-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #15
1er coupe
Rep
Drives: 1 Series Coupe

No man, we never had to drill any holes in the headlights. These HIDs are designed to fit into BMW xenon headlights. They are an exact fit. Yes they look a lot like 2012 DRL BMWs. I actually think these look better.

We mounted the ballasts and control unit onto the chassis (to dissipate heat)...and we've had no issues. No water ingress because we never compromised the OEM seal. You must mount the ballasts onto a metallic surface...some people do not and their ballasts overheat and fail.

Some people just ram the wiring and ballasts into the headlight

We installed them in the safest and most practical place...discrete and out of view. My friend has had HIDs for 3 years without issues...if you do it properly the lights should out-live the car.

Stay away from the 50 dollar HIDs on ebay from China...you are asking for trouble. A luxury car deserves a premium product.

Remember, people take photos of their LUX to compliment them....its easy to make dull LEDs look bright in a photo. I know for a fact you cant see LUX in direct sunlight whereas HID can be seen in any weather condition.

My brother's E92 is in the garage now...removing his LUX and replacing with 6000K HIDs.
Appreciate 0