View Single Post
      03-14-2017, 10:27 AM   #27
Shroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M, 2012 X5M, AMG E 63 S Wagon

IZSL07L,

What's shady about buying right? Nothing shady about having a budget and a price point.

In regards to the claim.. I'm not responding to the point of the seller with my comments, I'm responding from the point of the buyer...a point which your being defensive (about the car you didn't sell?) has confused for you.

In the states, when you have an accident and get a repair, most people, not all, but most have a deductible. This means that when you get in an accident, or use your insurance for another person hitting you, you have to pay out of pocket an ammount to get a repair. Usually this ranges from 500 to several thousands in order to drop monthly payments. A 700 dollar claim is almost ridiculous to use as it could 1) raise your premiums 2) get you dropped from carrier if you are a repeat offender 3) not be worth it because you would pay 500 to get 200 and ALSO have a claim on file for a silly bumper. I have to ask why someone would do that for such a minor minor repair.
So, as a smart buyer looking at a car priced 50% higher than retail, 6 years old, and with accident history I have to do my due diligence and over verify the integrity of the car. In addition, I now inherit the accident history in addition to adding an owner to it's history with the purchase. To me or anyone else not wanting that, I'm making an offer that's worth all that additional risk. Nothing bad about that at all. It's a free market and for him it may be a solid offer. not sure why you jumped all over his solid offer comment unless you are the dealer trying to sell the car.

That's it.
Appreciate 0