View Single Post
      03-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #32
IZSL07L
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

What risk? Have a body shop check it out if you want, accidents are easy to spot, a paint repair is quite easy to determine. To offer someone 10k off for a bumper respray is ridiculous imo, let me know when you try and sell yours, I'll have a list.

As for Canadian insurance, for the 1M I pay $2500 a year for insurance, my deductible is $300, I don't understand why if I get in a small bumper accident I should pay for the insurance, and pay for my own accident repair, if you're suggesting pay out of pocket so it doesn't show up on carfax(american) and you're intension is to sell the car as never been in an accident for max profit, I don't care how you spin this, I feel like that's super shady, I'm glad I make a proper living and I don't have to screw the next guy over so I can make a few bucks. This kind of thinking surprises me, specially in a bmw community.

Regarding his offer, I said many times, if he gets it, great for him, it is a free market and be should offer whatever he wants, I just don't think the dealer is in the wrong for rejecting his "solid offer" mainly because I think it's not really a great offer, but also his reasoning for that offer is ridiculous. If he's serious about the car, go ans have it checked out, and make a proper offer.

And of course I'm the dealer, a Mclaren dealer spends his time sitting at his desk trolling bmw forums, you caught me Shroom, I'll get back to work now.

That's it.
Appreciate 0