05-23-2008, 02:19 PM   #19
amybang
... and Orca too!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible (AW/CR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
Who did you deal with at BMW of Peabody, Amy? I bought from Ed there and he was friendly and didn't put me under any time pressure at all. He was very laid-back and easy going and we spend some time just talking about cars. At Herb Chambers it always seemed like they were so busy and felt like I was wasting their time.
Sorry I missed this before (I don't watch the NE forum much, I guess). I dealt with Vinny Pintone as my primary CA. But there were a couple of times that I was busy and Kevin took me for a test drive instead. Vin McCauley helped out some too, when they were trying to steal my "in production" car from another dealer.

Overall, I liked everyone there. No pressure, very helpful. Eventually, I'd show up and Vinny would just give me a set of keys for a test drive.

I used to visit Herb Chambers Honda for service. And I dealt with them some when I was helping a friend with car shopping. I know the brand makes a difference, but their sales people always rubbed me the wrong way. And I never heard good things about BMW there either.

amy!

p.s. if you care, I noticed in another thread that Herb Chambers puts a dealer badge on the car. Peabody just gives you a plate holder.
Appreciate 0