09-11-2015, 11:15 AM   #106
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Almost forgot - finally got to get out to an autocross again a couple of weekends ago! It was a two day event, which is good because I was feeling rusty as hell. I hadn't even driven my car for 7 months while deployed, and before that I was so busy with the move from CA and then pre-deployment training that I only got to do 2 events all year. So really, it's been since 2013 since I was autocrossing regularly, and that was my novice season. Unfortunately, it can be tough to be consistent about getting seat team when your life is full of irregularity.

Anyway, the first day I sucked. I DNF'ed most of my runs, but finally turned in decent (or at least not very embarrassing) times at the very end. The second day I felt WAY better - no DNF's, and times were pretty consistent and respectable all day. The only problem was my second run was the best, and then I felt like I was chasing it all day, and could never top it. It seems like I should've been able to improve a little on my afternoon runs, but no such luck. I finished middle of the pack in class (but would've finished second in Novice, which is where I sort of felt like I belonged sometimes, lol).

Oh well. It felt good to get back out there, at least. And there are still 4 more events this season that I should be able to make, so hopefully I can knock some of the cobwebs off.

Anyway, someone snapped a pic of one of my runs and put it on FB, so I snagged it for this thread:

Are you in NC????? Was this cherry point?? Haha I go to these events man. You went to the one I didn't go since I didn't have tires at the time lol.
Appreciate 0