View Single Post
      07-03-2018, 06:47 PM   #5
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFury View Post
very nice DIY. I have the stock nav and i was thinking of installing a reverse camera, and the possibility of installing a second android head unit just to run torque pro but im not sure if its possible with the harmon kardon sound system, most of the android head units i see wont work with an amp.

BTW im also in palm beach. ill probably be at the july cars and coffee at the outlets. If you come, i have a Carbon Black 135is with the same oyster leather/aluminum interior as you.
I'm pretty sure the Bimmertech backup camera retrofit will work with your system. The main connection point is at the data harness for the iDrive screen. So it doesn't have anything to do with the Harman Kardon system. As far as running Torque Pro, you can add SmartView screen mirroring to the retrofit kit to mirror the video of your smartphone to the iDrive Nav screen. The only drawback is you won't be able to have touch capability on the iDrive screen...obviously.
Appreciate 0