07-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #32
VeritasTruthEmet
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Cabrio

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster135 View Post
I recently had my car serviced and they did the same thing. Started with long cranks and then the car completely shut off at one point. They recognized the problem but refused to change the pump. Apparently procedure is to install the new tune and then if problems continue then they replace the pump. Does your feel weaker with the new tune? I honestly think they just detuned the car. Mine completely bogs under hard accelaration...
That's exactly what I first noticed: The firmware update seems to initially reduce the 300hp to 150. It also caused the car to have bizarre spikes in revs while idle after a cold start. The car has since had its engine fail at highway speeds. Be extremely careful with this 'firmware upgrade' as it poorly masks a very dangerous and known defect.

In my opinion, the use of the firmware upgrade is equivalent to fraudulent misrepresentation and causes reckless endangerment. I strongly encourage everyone who has been given this dangerous band-aid to prosecute their dealership. If your HPFP has failed on the highway or has caused an accident, please PM me. Because of how widespread this problem is, I am entertaining the option of trying for a class-action suit against BMW AG.

If you are comfortable having your life endangered by BMW then play along with your dealership. If the prospect of killing others or being killed yourself in a highway accident due to a known defect is something that you find objectionable, litigate.
Appreciate 0