View Single Post
      09-26-2019, 03:10 PM   #10
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Hey champignon and other forum friends, I'm pretty sure I'm also going to need a new evaporator for my 1M. I'm in Salt Lake City and I like my service advisor and the shop foreman. I also have an independent shop I like (the guy is a former BMW tech for many years and a 1M owner).

I want whoever does this to diagnose it properly before we jump right to the evaporator. I think the first step is a full discharge, recharge, and leak test of the system.

If it ends up being the evaporator, we're talking full dash removal, so I'm wondering if there's anything else worth doing while they're in there. Besides possibly replacing some trim pieces that show minor cosmetic imperfections, I wonder if it's worth having any other a/c system or other components replaced or checked out.

For the uninitiated, this is what we're talking about. I only want to do this once, so is there anything else I should be thinking about?

I'm obviously worried about broken clips and fasteners, damage to trim pieces, poorly-routed cables, squeaks and rattles, and everything else that could go wrong if the job isn't done with a lot of care. Ugh.

Any advice?

Last edited by ///BYU; 10-01-2019 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0