01-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #33
chachacha28
NCOIC of Kickin It
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08 135i "Simona"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Wow. That is a REALLY dumb and insensitive statement.

maybe you should put these words together.

Firestone, rollover, ford.

Maybe we need to introduce you to some of the people who lost family members ?
Maybe i should introduce myself as a former ford explorer owner, the first gen explorer, the ones that rolled over. SUV's were still fairly new at the time, and people thought they should ride more like cars than trucks, so they were complaining about the rough ride, and ford was telling them to lower the air pressure in the tires. That's what caused the rollovers, not accidental low inflation. I had my explorer lifted 3", with 33 inch tires (stock was about 30", no sway bars, and i drove it like the teenager i was. It survived fine for 3 years.

The problem was nothing the TPMS would help, it was people not knowing enough about the 2 ton weapon they employ on a daily basis, it was ford not having the balls to tell people they drove a truck with a longer roof, it was people not realizing their SUV didn't handle like a lotus.

That being said, TPMS is mandatory to be installed, not mandatory to be maintained. If you dont want it, take them off! its as simple as that. sell them on the forum to someone who wants the extra piece of mind.

the previous owner took the tpms off my car, and if i can get a set cheap, i will. Im not super worried about it though, i check my tires at least weekly, and i can feel when one is low.
Appreciate 0