06-24-2018, 04:08 PM   #372
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFury View Post
I went to the dealer and got SIB 12 15 14 to address my idle surge (with ac on) and throttle issues on my 13' 135is. 2 hours of labor; they kept my car for 3 days and gave me a loaner.

The throttle response is MUCH better BUT as some others have experienced in here the exhaust note is much quieter with minimal burbles and pops that i was accustomed to.

I asked the dealer if the DME update would erase the PPK that came standard on my 135is before i got the update out of concern; and the SA said the update wouldnt affect the PPK.

Im missing my burbles and pops; i'd keep my windows down in the florida heat just to hear them.

Is the any way to determine if the PPK flash is still present? If they did erase it, would they be obligated to put it back on?
As you said, we've heard this before about getting a software update and losing some exhaust sounds, plus other things that we don't want to happen, as a result of a software update.

It's definitely a bummer, and one of the reasons I haven't had a software update since 2011. But I haven't had the need to, because I don't have the DCT issues that some people have had, or still have.

I think when you have PPK, especially on a 135is, it is married to your VIN and they should be able to check and verify that you still have it installed on your car. It couldn't hurt to bring it up with the service manager and see if he'll have it checked for you, or possibly even reflash PPK for you and see if that helps.

PS - you might have to pay labor or something for the reflash, although I don't think you should have to. It should be free imo.