View Single Post
      10-25-2019, 01:24 AM   #10
Te82blue
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
I did check with musicarnw directly via email.

My understanding is the head unit can be coded to provide a flat response (not the default setup for the base radio). I'm still trying to figure out a local installer I trust.
I would advise to get a Match Up 7DSP wired into your car, it would give you a lot of options (even bluetooth audio). The oem stereo not having a flat response won't be to much of a problem once you tune your audio system. Wiring up a DSP (Digital sound processor amplifier) in our cars is not as challenging for our base model stereo systems.

There currently isn't any plug and play amp options for the base system only because the speakers are wired only into the oem stereo. Changing just the speakers wont do it either because the stereo cannot output enough watts to run better speakers (even the stock speakers lol)

I just recently installed a DSP amp into my car (Base audio system) with the oem stereo and it sounds better, if you tune it right. I do work at a car audio shop and I am currently working on best audio solutions for our cars.

cheers!
Appreciate 1