10-12-2018, 11:56 AM   #22
blackmist222777
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
it happened to me 4-5 times, especially when the car goes 260-70km/h.. i replaced mine a couple of times and after the last time i decided not to put any lip anymore. This is due to the fact that probably none of the aftermarket front lips gone through any sort of wind testing and high speed testing. (probably cost factor) Also (maybe) due to the design of the front of the 1M, it is not suitable to have an additional front lip. Probably that's why BMW M didn't make any front lip for the 1M.

So.. stock is best.
You are probably right... there is a reason why BMW didnt create a lip on these cars. However, I just love to look. and since i am not tracking this car, i am less worried about the design. I am more focused on making it feel more special. Its my once in a while driver. And someday, i want to give this to my son. But for now, i just want to make it stand out a little bit.

I am hoping... hoping! that I dont have the same issue again. I just ordered more double sided tape and the recommended alcohol to really clean the bumper. I am even going to install it and have something to firmly press the lip to the bump, which i will leave on for 3 days (the recommended amount of time for the 3M tape to reach full adhesion). If the lip fails again after all that... then i am a giant idiot for buying it twice.
guess well see.

2023 G80 M3
2020 F87 M2C
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 0