10-27-2018, 05:53 PM   #21
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Lots of good stuff here - I'll add my 2 cents in a minute, but everyone is missing the one of the most important things

A car cover is essential - it is one of the best things you can have to keep your car in great shape while it is in storage.

and..

yes, extra air pressure is good - mostly because if you are storing in a non-heated garage, the tires will lose pressure and that's not good - however, even if they flat spot, a 15 minute drive brings them back to normal.

and..
get a good "smart" battery tender. I like Ctek.

and...
Some 1Ms came with AGM batteries, some did not. You have to go look in the trunk - it will say AGM or it won't. If you have the AGM battery, use the snowflake mode on the Ctek, if you don't have the AGM battery, use the regular mode.

and..
If you are not covering your car, put a nice note on the dash saying "Charger connected" - very easy to drive off with the charger still connected.

and...
Get the car nice and warm before putting away. Helps get the moisture out of the oil and exhaust.

and..
Don't start for 5-10 minutes, you will just add that moisture right back in.

and...
Don't over think this - its not that complicated. Full tank of gas is a good idea, additives are optional, parking brake is fine, extra air pressure doesn't hurt, but is not required - however, get a car cover.
Thanks Doug 🙏

I have the BMW OEM 1M car cover like yours and the battery was replaced last year 9/2017 at the local dealership. Model# 61-21-2-353-811

However, I don't know if it's an AGM or not?
Appreciate 0