View Single Post
      09-09-2016, 09:05 AM   #28
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

M3 Steering wheel

I actually quite like the stock msport steering wheel but felt that the perforations weren't as comfortable as just having a smooth leather wheel.

Picked up an M3 steering wheel from an ebay auction for a bargain basement price. Initially I didn't like it, felt a bit too slippery. After a few days of use it grew on me and I quite like it now. If I didn't get it for such a good price it probably wouldn't have been worth the money though.

The wheel looked in pretty crappy condition when i got it but a good cleanup and it looks really nice now. There's a few scratches on the leather but they're not noticeable when sitting in the drivers seat. I managed to clean the leather and restore the matte look, rather than the disgusting shiny look that comes with all the oils from the previous owners hands.

I had cleaned it but I couldn't get the M tri stitching clean, still looked ugly and tatty and not much colour in them. Spent a few minutes with a toothbrush and some hand soap mixed in a cup with water. Worked wonders and really brings out the colour in the wheel now! Really pleased with how it looks. Gave it another once over with hand soap and its cleaned off all the excess oil left on the wheel and now looking very fresh.

First pic shows how dirty the stitching is

Cleans up so easily, surprised at how effective some hand soap is, don't need no fancy leather cleaner to achieve good results.
Attached Images