View Single Post
      11-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #14
urbanstorm
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Same thing happened to me in the beginning of the year.

At the beginning of our car season (in late april) of this year, I took my car out of storage and brought it to the dealer for an oil change that was covered under the 4 year maintenance plan. The car had 5000kms on it. They covered the cost of the oil change of course.

I brought the car there in absolute stunning cleanliness as I had washed it specifically to go back to the dealership. Most of the sales team had came out into the service reception where I parked it to admire it so a full exterior inspection was done. When I got it back, the next day, it had 20 something extra kilometers on it as well as some mud/dirt streaks on the rocker panels from driving in a puddle or something of the such. I checked on it during the night to ensure that they honored my request that if it have to be kept overnight that it stay inside, and they did.

I wanted to have the transmission fluid changed (under my dime) but kept having to argue with the service advisor that the car did not take the M3 fluid, and that LT-5 was required. A bunch of other crap left me sour about the dealer so it hasn't been back since.

The salesperson told me on a later date that the service department has a certain set route that covers most driving conditions/speeds that aides in diagnosis and that every vehicle that visits the service department must follow it after every service. My argument was that the car was in for an oil and filter, and I was not complaining of any driveability issues at the time of service. So no need for the after service drive was required. The joke is on me though I suppose, as I pay for and treasure the car, but someone else gets to drive it how they like for twenty minutes because we tend to trust dealers.

BTW I never complained after the fact, but BMW sent me one of those "how was our service?" emails. I wrote out my concerns, and left my contact number. Nothing of interest came from it.

Last edited by urbanstorm; 11-12-2013 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: Addition
Appreciate 0