04-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
int2str
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedyinf View Post
Hey I just put together the video and record myself driving because it's something that I just enjoy doing. I posted it here on a strictly based 1 Series website so I didn't have hear negative comments and people bashing me about either my car or the footage... I thought everyone on this website just loves BMW and the 135i. The video was just something for everyone to enjoy.
I like BMW, I like 135i's. I like GoPro (own 3) and enjoy car videos a lot. So sure, I like me an "epic" car video. What made me pretty ticked off about your video is the driving... You show "wtf" moments on your own Youtube channel but then you post this. Weaving through traffic at 20/30+ the speed of traffic flow, racing your buddies Mustang/BMW (?) is just not smart.

This just happened here in my neck of the woods:
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...e-route-52/?ap

Maybe you'll understand why I might not have a lot of tolerance for driving like in your video currently.

Also the last segment. I love roads like that and routinely drive them in a spirited fashion. But even at night there's just no reason to cross the double yellows like this is a race track. Don't care how you edit that video, that's just bad driving.

Quote:
Thanks everyone else for the support! SGT. Kennedy, Ian H.
Thanks for your service!
Just don't drive like that, plz :P

Some more constructive criticism about the video:
- Instead of the photo pans, build yourself a cheap dolly. That can be as simple as taking a skateboard and mounting the GoPro on it, then pulling the board with a string slowly. Also works great with the time-lapse feature of the GoPro.

Here's what dolly footage looks like (not my videos):

Also, a cool trick is using an egg timer for timelapses.
Example:

Howto:

- The white balance jumps all over the place between clips. You might be able to tweak that a little in post production.

- Also, throw out those shots where the suction cup shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowerF1 View Post
Geez... calm down grandpa...
Looks like you guys are having fun and that's all that really matters.
Sure sure, hater, grandpa, call me whatever you like.
Just don't drive like that on my roads.

You want to have fun? Me too! Though I take it to the track and don't drive like that on public roads. That simple.
Appreciate 0