View Single Post
      07-14-2016, 03:15 PM   #20
F1HAMMY
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228

I've been stationed in Korea/Germany and a few other places so I've been privileged to see some pretty cool races in some epic and historic places.
And now the bad news. Bernie and Co does everything possible to make the live and in person F1 event suck as he works every $ possible out of your wallet.

1. You will most likely be stuck to one place/seat unless there is a general admission ticket available. But, be warned that it "MAY" still limit you to a specific section. Point being, most likely your access to different track views "MAY" be limited.

2. While I remain a huge fan of F1 and will most likely attend this years GP at COTA [due to a friend's hook up who's a contractor for COTA], I would not pay big money to attend because of the reasons listed above.

3. Save your money and take a trip to Europe. For around $25 you can get in to Spa/Nurberg GP track/Hockenheim and see WEC/ADAGT Masters. You will see something amazing at a historic track and be able to roam and see different view points.

4. Best track in the US that will never host F1 again is [My arguable opinion, of course] is Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Camping has great lines of sight, paddock and other areas are accessible and prices are, well, let's be honest. It's expensive as hell at any venue....

5. See what you want to see, go where you want to go. IMO, F1 is best viewed from the comfort of your own couch. Best races to see live are the TT and down from there....

Best of luck and have a great racing season!!
Appreciate 0