12-15-2018, 07:33 AM   #21
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

135i $$ for M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by christofis135i View Post
Saw an all black 18' M3 at my local dealership yesterday and I fell in love with it.

Made an appointment to get a trade-in value for my car. Only issue is a crack on the passenger side of the windshield. They offered me around $7,000. They said there is no way I could get anymore than 13k for my car. I'm positive I can sell it for more. What do you guys think?

2011 135i 63k miles, 6MT, M-Sport, Navigation, USB/Aux, Alpine White w/ Coral Red interior. Exterior 9/10. Interior is 10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain slowly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
This is wrong.

Cars are valued what people will pay for them. If there's less of something, price goes up with demand.

Long story short, I sold my 07 RWD 328i with 130k km for 12.5 while similar AWD and/or Auto 328i were advertised for 6-8 k.

Sent several people away with "go buy the auto then" until the right buyer came along.

There's a difference between selling a car as a business and as a person. You have lost sight of the person-to-person market, which is ok, but the OP is not a store.
Actually, it is 100% accurate and it is what people are paying for them.
The OP's question was in regards to his trade in value, meaning trading at the dealer and I gave him data and my opinion. If the OP chooses to sell the car himself, then yes, he will get more for the car. Are you always this dense?
Appreciate 0