View Single Post
      12-04-2017, 08:24 AM   #67
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
I was running consistent 2:02s all day on a OTS 93 Oct map and my rear "APR" wing, I noticed I could power on earlier but my top speeds suffered and my high speed braking was AWFUL with the balance of the car. I pulled the rear wing and ran a 2:00 flat immediately on the Federal RSRR tires, this was the last run of the day (sooo close to 1:59 lol) - Would love to get a balanced aero package on the car as most folks say that it'll drop 2-3 seconds off a 2min lap time (Assuming it's dialed in)
Can you change the angle of attack on the wing at all?

I am looking at picking up an EBAY APR knockoff. It's only 7" tall vs the real thing being 9" tall, but otherwise it's exactly the same. In your pics, the angle of attack looks very aggressive and the extra height you gave the wing makes it even more aggressive. You might also want to consider front sub-frame bushings. We all change the rear because we love laying on the gas pedal, but the sloppy front bushings are no better for when you need to slow down...

I spent all summer at autocross every weekend dialing my car in. Having jacked up coil-over settings will absolutely make braking AWEFUL. I found If I had front rebound too stiff the car felt weird and it wandered. I run the rear significantly stiffer rebound-wise than the front now and it feels much better. (3/7 front and 5/7 rear with the YCW). with all the extra rear down-force you might need more rear rebound to control how quickly all that force shifts forward upon braking.
Appreciate 0