Zombie_Head
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: E30 325i 4-Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
0%

the original M2 (N55) was philosophically the closest we will get to a 'new' 1M and having driven a couple now it was a decent try but nowhere near as enjoyable. To someone who has NOT driven a 1M the M2 must be great but to anyone who has driven a 1M it feels like a diluted, boring, re-interpretation of the 1M. the S55 M2 Competition is even further away from the 1M philosophy.

BMW are heading in a different direction. They are heading towards electronics and comfort and safety. 2010-2011 was a very special time at BMW M. They had a naturally aspirated V8 M3 and a $47k entry level M car that arrived with big fat fenders and an old school, spooling, raucus tweaked standard-line twin turbo engine on a car that was developed as a frankenstein idea by M engineers. How much more punk could you get for a german carmaker??

To me the 1M is the sequel to the 2002 Turbo. Will there be another sequel in this line and some kind of 1M "hommage" in the future?? Possible.....but my fear is that it will be more of a gimmick rather than a truly dedicated redux.
100% agreed with you right there.
Appreciate 0