09-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
Krugar
Cruising Daily
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Installing Tii SideSkirts

Not a very hard install, like always take your time and it'll turn out just fine. Will take around an hour or so.

I used a jack to get a little more access to under the skirt screws. You may or may not need to use one.

So we begin with a clean slate..

I started by removing the door sill, held on by 5 tabs..

After removing the door sill you will need to pop up the push clip pins like so.. and remove them (pin and the clip part)

Onto underside of the car you will need to remove the 8 or so Hex screws along the bottom of the sideskirt. (sorry for bad photo you can kinda of make them out)

after all the screws and push clips are removed you should be able to pull the sideskirt off. I worked it from the rear wheel forward. came off with no trouble.

then you should have a nice bare side area. Now if wanted you can clean the body under where the sideskirt was and wax it if wanted to put a layer of protection on there if so desired.

Now you need to align the new skirt and slide it into place, make sure the bottom of the skirt is tucked under the black underside mat thing. once its all lined up you may need to pop the top of the skirt into place a bit.

basically install is the reverse of removal. pop in the pins in the top of the sideskirt on the door sill and screw in the hex screws on the underside and finish by popping back in your door sills..

Finished product..
2008 BMW 135i - AR Catless DP - Agency Power Mids - Corsa Exhaust - KW v2 - Performance Side Skirts, Pedals, Steering Wheel, SSK. - CF Spoiler, Diffuser, Mirror Caps - Injen Intake - JB3 2.0 - CPE BOV Kit (HKS) - 6k HID AE - 6700k D1S - Evolution Racewerks FMIC -
Appreciate 1
croy0.00