View Single Post
      04-15-2024, 04:40 AM   #5
golfer23rm
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 125i E82 Bluewater

Hi! from cape town with an E82 coupe.

I would suggest getting an OBD 2 cable. look at getting INPA working on a laptop or an app on your phone....there's a few. Carly, Bimmerlink, bimmercode.
The waterpump and thermostat usually last to around your km from factory. i bought my car on 126kkm and started getting a code after that....i changed it at 180kkm, when the car's fans start working like mad then you know it is on the way out. That job with a pierberg pump is around R10k. It's like a lucky packet.
i would also do software. you can look at bimmerlabs tune, it is free, or you can contact xcede in jhb, they have done a few 125s. If you have an auto, they must load the 130i gearbox file too. the difference between a 125 and 130 is vast.
You cannot do the gearbox tune with a normal obd cable, you have to make sure it has been updated otherwise you will lock the gearbox....experience is fun thing to have.
i bought some led interior lights from electro mann sa, also in jhb. the change of the yellow to white modernises the car. also the boot bulb of mine was dying a slow death.
i switched from runflats to normal and they made a world of difference driving on our roads.
I dont have idrive, so i am looking for an android carplay next.