View Single Post
      03-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #21
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2k11 335is

Kinda confused

My car is on the way. I have BMW Assist w/Bluetooth and 6FL without smartphone integration. Doesn't this mean that I can just add the phone trim and eject box and plug it in and have 6NF? Is there more to it than that?

Then I need a snap-in for my iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnova View Post
The iPhone 4 Bluetooth only cradle (p/n 84212199389) should work w/o 6NF smartphone integration but requires 639 BMW Assist w/ Bluetooth installed. Leads for power and antenna should be in the lower base of the armrest behind a cover facing the rear passenger side. Those leads plug into the eject-box (p/n 84109160935) which needs to be installed into the arm rest. The snap in module then plugs into the ejectbox. You get power and a passive antenna connection, and no more cables needed.

The iPhone 4 Bluetooth & 6NF cradle (p/n 84212199390) is for cars with BMW Assist w/ Bluetooth (639) and smartphone integration (6NF). Yes, its not a supported retrofit if the car does not come with 6NF from the factory. That will give you power, passive antenna connection, and USB connection to your phone.

I don't have the smartphone integration since I didn't want smartphone USB taking priority over my USB thumbdrive for media playback. I also figured I could have a number of USB thumbdrives vs. one iPhone for music.
Appreciate 0