View Single Post
      03-09-2017, 01:55 PM   #20
ianc
Ex '87 Carrera
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 TiAg 6MT 135i

Hi bNks,

I've been doing a bit more reading on this lately and have come across some information regarding profiles which seems to conflict with a bit of the information above. Wonder if you could comment on it?

Quote:
It is important to now use NCSExpert to code the car to the new VO settings. If you properly changed the VO, NCSExpert will automatically write the battery capacity and type settings to the various modules. This is what we did manually in option #4!

1. Open NCSEXPERT
2. File > Load profile > Select a profile that has manipulation enabled (“CNCoding”) > Click OK
3. Press F1 (VIN/ZCS/FA)
4. Press F3 (CS/FA f. EC) > Select E89 > Click OK > Select CAS > Click OK
5. Press F6 (Back)
6. Press F3 (Process Car)
7. Press F1 (Code Car)
In step 2, selecting a profile that has manipuation enabled is specified. My present understanding is that to code a module to the default settings indicated by the VO, a profile that does NOT have manipulation enabled must be used, otherwise the settings used in the .MAN file are written instead?

Not totally understanding the various elements of each profile and what they do. I spent some time looking at the NCS Expert .CHM help file last nite but of course it's all in German, so I wasn't making much of it. I have some limited schoolboy\conversational German, but the technical terms are rather hard going for me. I may sit down with it and make a serious go of translating at least that portion, but I wonder if you could add any information about what the various profile attributes do that you might have picked up?

Thanks again for the great post,

ianc

"I got 328 loaner and was impressed with performance. It feels much faster than my 135i." - MOCKBA
Appreciate 0