spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by berns View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Yeah I feel like MCS/Moton/AST has done a great job at marketing to the sports car racing series - they're on a pedestal and in my fairly uninformed opinion I think overrated. Same goes for KWs, I will probably go with Ohlins or Bilstein next.
Haha, spewing your uninformed opinion will help no one. Marketing is one thing, but results, podiums, testing -- all goes a long way. Don't steer clear of stuff just because it's popular!
Haha being sarcastic, by uninformed I mean to say that I have not driven dialed in AST, Moton, MCS, KWCS back to back and compared lap times. From a technology standpoint (inverted monotube designs) and second-hand experience with regards to rebuilds (every 2 seasons with MCS?). I find it hard to justify the 2x price point is SA MCS (non-remote) over a Ohlins or Bilstein kit. Also, keeping it SA saves you points in some time attack series and NASA. Maybe I'm just cheap?

I wish I had the data but maybe MCS shocks win a lot podiums thanks to their biz dev team getting them rolled out as the spec shock for many series?

I'm in NO way bashing any shock company. I run KWs and have very little faith in their twin tube low pressure design for competitive Motorsports. I would swap these for MCS in a heartbeat if I didn't just buy a house and have to do adult things :