View Single Post
      12-13-2019, 06:09 AM   #1
Skotcoop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01

After 5 years I'm finally getting my 135i

To make a long story somewhat short, 5 years ago I was dead set on buying a 135 in a 6spd. (hence the reason I joined this forum back then) I test drove at least a half of dozen of them and I finally gave up after the last one I test drove went into limp mode. So I settled and bought a CPO 2012 VW 6 spd GTI with 8k miles on it. Ended up loving the car and did quite a few mods including stage 2 and various drive train upgrades. Fast forward to today. I'm flying down to Portland to a Maserati/Ferrari dealer that has a bone stock 2010 135i with 57k miles and driving it 3.5 hours back home. Carfax looks good. Originally purchased in AZ then lived in San Fran for a while before arriving in Oregon a year or 2 ago. I have already placed a deposit on the car in order to claim in. So I'm finally joining the family and am anxious to mod the piss out of it haha. Anyone have any specific recommendations on what to look at before I drive it away? Other than fluid leaks, rust, tire condition and what not. Heres a link to the car if anyone wants to check it out. Yes I know its an A/T because frankly, I'm sick of driving a manual. Especially in Seattle traffic with a stage 2 clutch and pain in my left leg. https://www.maseratiofportland.com/i...s%20135i_Black
Appreciate 2