07-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #37
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Just giving you a hard time, but it does in fact have the PPK2 with the extra radiator, etc. etc.

Let me see if I can attach the press release, but here's the quote: "Both models are equipped with BMW’s award winning TwinPower Turbo 3.0-liter inline-6 engine (N55) featuring Valvetronic throttle-less intake technology, direct injection and a single twin-scroll turbocharger. For the 135is, the engine has been tuned to increase peak horsepower to 320 hp (+20 hp increase) and 317 lb-ft of torque (+17 lb.ft) while maintaining the same emissions level and MPG ratings of the 135i. A Performance exhaust system complements the increased engine performance and provides a sporty exhaust tone. The engine cooling system has been upgraded to match the additional performance output by adding a larger, and more powerful radiator fan and an auxiliary radiator. "

Many of the 135is people have also taken pictures showing the auxiliary radiator installed.
OK, I see where I was confused. PPK1 and PPK2 have the same hp and tq ratings at 320/317, BUT PPK2 includes the oil cooler and other bits to enhance the perf level and harder use (ie track). I was mistakenly under the impression that PPK2 had a higher hp and tq rating over PPK1. I did the checking now, and see what you are saying.

In any event, the 135is is a very cool package, and I wish we could have got it in Canada. I may just add the PE and PPK1 to mine, but likely not this year.