04-01-2019, 06:39 PM   #21
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I feel like the buyer of the E30 M3 wanted to piss someone off.

It's their money and they can choose what they do with it.

With that said, it's one thing to drive it as is and it's another to take it and then mod it to track. If tracking was their goal, they could have purchased any other car or any old E30 M3 and did a race build. I'm not a fan of buying and making any car a garage queen but after all these years that it's been kept almost new, it makes no sense to take it and the make it a race car. If the buyer bought it, left it stock and drove it, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Just very sad to see a rare E30 become something that could be done to any other vehicle.
The E30 M3 community ended up in a HUGE uproar over this. Having been aware of the car for a decade before it went up for sale.. I concur.. One hates to see a car that was an established Garage Queen (GQ) turned into a track rat...... something that could be done with any other used example of the car.

IIRC.. the buyer wanted a " clean slate" to begin their project with, and paid dearly to do so.... It certainly seemed foolish at the time... but people can spend their money how they wish.

the buyer thought they were simply making the coolest project car.. and was not prepared for the backlash. He did continue unabashed however.. much to the dismay of the E30 M3 SIG and many on S14.net
Appreciate 0