View Single Post
      05-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #8
rowsdower
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 519.E82 View Post
I appreciate the input. If i had more financial resources and went more often, I would dedicate more money and go with apex but it really comes down to I dont. I have bigger obligations to spend money on and save for (currently a house), so i am looking at this as a golden opportunity to save a bit of money, have less worries at the track, and not cook a set of $2k tires much faster in the process.
Ah got it, that is helpful context. I remember those days when I was younger and trying to save for a downpayment on a house. I would tow my (stock) SV650 to the track ~3 hours away and sleep in the back of the car. I kept it cheap by keeping it simple.

Another suggestion would be to get a set of stock wheels from a non-sport 128i with square 205s on them. You could probably pick them up on Craigslist (or whatever the Canadian equivalent is) for $100-200 depending on tire condition. Even run-flats will be fine if you're starting out (I've tracked them before, they're fine). You will learn more and have more fun on less grippy and skinnier tires anyway. When you've got a more flexible budget, put them back on Craigslist for what you paid and get a set of nice track wheels.

Let us know what you end up deciding to do and tell us about your next track day!
Appreciate 0