View Single Post
      04-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #63
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228iC -picked up 8-13-16!

My car's bumper was painted at the best BMW dealership in my area by a family friend who has air brushed and blended rock chips on my car (at his home garage). He's the painter at the BMW dealership who was doing an "insurance" job. Who knows what happened but I'm not satisfied. There is even poor bumper fitment.
Keep in mind that the average customer wouldn't even know that this happened, but it's not acceptable...and my car's lease is up in less than 90 days.

I see that the 2013 1 series cars have better buying/leasing incentives.
Now IMHO they are the worst year due to limited chocies, etc. You are forced to bundle packages and forced to have the smokers package. Also no avoiding the hideous ski bag rear seats with the non-fully adjustable rear jacket up headrests (I'd do that mod to fix this though).

I'd also be getting a lot more in features and options due to the incentives and so forth.

I may not like carbon black/taupe as much as I like blue water/grey boston, however in due time I would like it more than I do now. The general bmw cca groups I associate with would like carbon black more for sure.

With all that being said...I went the the dealership today and my salesman told me the last day to order for allocation is April 26th.

We'll see what deal I get...hopefully it turns out great. I'm going to get some more quotes on my car and see what deal I'd get on a buyout. But before that maybe then I can get the bumper repainted to meet my expectations.
2013 320i sedan (Sapphire Black Metallic, Black/Black)
2016 228i convertible (Mineral White, Oyster Leather, Luxury Line)

Last edited by Uptempo80; 04-20-2013 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 0