08-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #17
skddmorse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc22 View Post
Skddmorse everyone is correct in a different way. The JB3 is designed to stay undetected by the BMW computer so you dont get in trouble with the dealership. Adding the downpipes to the Jb3 will probably push you over the limits and the BMW computer will detect you and you have warranty problems.

The SSTT is a great piggy, undetectable by BMW, but it is not customizable and will not really take full advantage of your downpipes.

The downpipes by the selves are great power adders without a tune, but they are a pain to install and you definately will need to remove them when going in for service.

My recommendation is to use the SSTT by its self for now and then upgrade to the JB3 or Vishnu later. Those tunes by them selves will give you more power than all the parts sitting on your table combined.

So everything I have is fine, I will just have to remove my downpipes when I go in for service...

Then when I upgrade to the JB3, I will have more power and will still need to remove my downpipes for service... (My car was produced in Jan of 2008....)

Correct?

Thanks to everyone for the help.....