View Single Post
      02-14-2019, 12:48 AM   #289
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

More progress today. I pulled the front bumper off to clean up the bottom and mount the new lip. I didn't want to get a lip, but the gaps in the bottom of the bumper would make the splitter less effective and I didn't want to do a ghetto fill-in, so I went this route. Picked up my new splitter from APR, it's a work of art. Mocked it up just to see how it looked and it's pretty aggressive!

Ordered some chassis mount brackets from HARD Motorsport which I'll pair with the included APR support rods on the front end from the crash beam, which together, should provide enough support and make for easy removal.

Today was an awesome day... We got the passengers side rear quarter mocked up. Tomorrow we'll pull the drivers quarter off and begin extending the inner wheel housings. If all works out, the quarters will be on by the weekend.

^^^That's a 9.5 +48 with a very wide 275/35 on it. Plenty of room to work with on the new quarters. Can't wait.

Roof arrives from IND on Friday. Front glass was pulled today too. Picked up my headliner from BMW. Next week and the following, it'll be paint and reassembly. No chance in hell I'm making Round 2 of Bimmer Challenge at Buttonwillow on March 2nd, but I'll keep trying.
Appreciate 6
1and11855.00
BimmerAg425.00
Dr182.00
gmx166.00